A Brain to Pick, an Ear to Listen, and a Push in the Right Direction.*
We are a new non-profit dedicated to connecting law students and recently barred attorneys with legal mentors.
“Our chief want in life is somebody who will make us do what we can.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
There’s never been a better time.
We are the first nation-wide, free mentorship program for law students and recently barred attorneys.
Students and newly minted attorneys have been disproportionately affected by job losses during COVID, so there’s never been a better time to start a free mentorship program.
We truly believe that every young professional benefits from mentorship, but particularly women and multicultural professionals.
Research shows that the vast majority of women (85 percent) and multicultural professionals (81 percent) need navigational help to succeed inside organizations like law firms (ABA study).
- Our goal is to provide free mentorship to all law students and young attorneys who want it.
- Every mentee will be assigned to at least two mentors.
- Mentees and mentors will be matched according to geographical location, practice area, practice setting, and law school.
- The mentee/mentor relationship will focus on information, advice, guidance, and support.
- Mentorship will always be provided free-of-charge.
- The Legal Mentor Network will also host various regional and national mentee/mentor events and meet-ups. Check our Events page for more information.
Thank you to our founding sponsor, DLA Piper!
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific.
Please check out our Get Involved and Contribute pages to see how you can help us continue to provide free mentorship to thousands of law students and young lawyers.
We Want To Create Lasting Relationships
“[A] good mentor hopes you move on. A great mentor knows you will.” — Leslie Higgens (Ted Lasso)